If you work with me in my building and need access to resources please choose this. You can also add a consultation with more personalized help.
Please consider an ongoing membership with reduced rates per year. Also listed with annual membership with consult when signing up.
Out of Network Teacher
Available for teachers outside of my building in need of support and resources. My PD resources are not beneficial for your purposes but there is still an abundance I can do to help.
Questions: Jenifer Roth
You now have a License it is the same as your Certificate but more compact.
- If you have not already please Log into your ELIS account using the old IWAS Info.
- Ensure all of your endorsements transferred over to the new system. Realize endorsements were not added UNTIL 1986 and were not a requirement until 2004 so some of your license's may reflect this, CHECK!
- The act of paying the fees to the ROE or ISC to register the license for the renewal cycle.
- Registration fees not paid within six months of renewal or issuance lapse. AUGUST 30 is Lapse Day!
- Separate from reupping your license!!
- Make sure registration and license expiration match or you owe money!
West 40 Intermediate Service Center
4413 Roosevelt Rd, STE 104
Hillside, IL 60162
ATTN: Sharon Balderas, Licensure
If you decide to send Electronic Official Transcripts you may send to Sharon at email@example.com
- No reductions in PD time
- These are requirements if you are working 50% - Full Time and hold a position each year!
- Licensees do not have to complete PD for the years in which the licenses are exempt (Leave of absence, substitute, working as a teachers aide, retired).
- Working solely as a substitute teacher on a PEL does not require PD for renewal.
- Licensees in “retired” status who return to work as substitute teachers are not required to complete PD or pay a fee for renewing. You must login to officially renew every 5 years.
- Licensees must renew (submit the list of PD in ELIS) licenses between April 1 and June 30 of the last year of the renewal cycle.
- If you have PD after you have renewed that you completed between April 1 and June 30, it will carryover to your next cycle, BUT please do not enter it until after July 1.
- Licenses will lapse on September 1 of the last year of the cycle if not renewed, but are valid for working in the public schools through August 31.
Speech Language Pathologist (Teaching) regardless of whether they hold an IDFPR license: 120 clock hours of PD.
Teaching fields and School Support Personnel who do not also hold an IDFPR or national license: 120 clock hours of PD.
Teacher Leaders: 100 Clock hours of PD plus one AA course each fiscal year in which the licensee is assigned to an administrative position for at least 50% of the school day.
Licensees holding administrative endorsements but NOT WORKING as administrators: 120 clock hours of PD No Administrator Academy Required!
- Administrators: 100 clock hours of PD plus one AA course each fiscal year working in an administrative position. (130 Hours)
- NBPTS Master Teachers: 60 clock hours of PD if holding a current NBPTS Master Teacher Designation. This needs to be maintained through the National Board as well as through ELIS.
- School Support Personnel: No PD renewal requirements if holding a current and active IDFPR license related to the endorsement area.
Unlike the previous process which included dozens of activities with a set amount of credit, license renewal provides flexibility to educators to engage in activities that meet one or more of the criteria.
- Both educators and approved providers are responsible for using the flexibility wisely and appropriately.
- The sole purpose of professional development is to increase educators’ knowledge and skills specifically to impact student growth, achievement, and well-being.
- Evidence of Completion needs to be held for 1 year passed renewal cycle and presented if audited.
- Annually submit data to the State Board of Education demonstrating how the professional development activities impacted one or more of the following:
- A) educator and student growth in regards to content knowledge or skills, or both;
- B) educator and student social and emotional growth; or
- C) alignment to district or school improvement plans.
- Increase the knowledge and skills of school and district leaders who guide continuous professional development;
- Improve the learning of students;
- Organize adults into learning communities whose goals are aligned with those of the school and district;
- Deepen educator's content knowledge;
- Provide educators with research-based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards; Prepare educators to appropriately use various types of classroom assessments;
- Use learning strategies appropriate to the intended goals;
- Provide educators with the knowledge and skills to collaborate; or
- Prepare educators to apply research to decision-making.
Thank you to my friend and colleague for allowing me to take snippets to assist all! I have created a document to guide you step by step through the renewal wizard, and you can access that HERE. The above picture is what you should see on your homepage IF you have entered your PD. If you have not go to Professional Development and put in your finishing touches. At the bottom of the PD page will be a link to renew your license or you can return to your homepage where the link will now be active and look like the above picture.
Remember June 30 is the last day to submit and if you fail to do that your license WILL EXPIRE on September 1 and then it is $50 or 3 college classes (3 credit hour courses) to continue your job for the next school year.